To provide leadership, support, and information, to link people with resources, and to encourage networking and relationship-building within the home school community through communications, activities and events directed at home school support groups, leaders, and families in the Greater Dallas/Fort Worth and surrounding north Texas region.
Who We Are
Home Educators Alliance for Resources and Training of Texas, Inc., (HEART of Texas) is a private, non-profit 501(c)3 corporation dedicated to serving the home schooling support groups, leaders and families in our regional service area.
What We Do
- Inform new homeschool families about how to get started homeschooling in Texas, what Texas homeschool laws require, and where to find resources and support.
- Connect families to local support groups within the region.
- Act as an information clearinghouse for activities, events and news within the regional area that would be of interest to homeschool families and support groups.
- Encourage communication between local support groups
- Assist local homeschool leaders by providing resources to help them establish their groups, as well as leadership training and support.
- Disseminate political information from HSLDA and THSC to local support groups and families.
- Provide a website and free bi-weekly newsletter.
- Host an annual Leadership Training Conference.
- Host an annual regional Homeschool College Night.
- Host Winter Homeschool Conference
- Host Annual Regional Homeschool Expo
Dave & Anne Gebhart
Dave and Anne Gebhart are founding directors of HEART of Texas, the North Texas regional organization serving homeschool families and support group leaders.
HEART of Texas provides training on a variety of homeschool topics, coordinates a homeschool mentor program, and assists families looking for support, information, or other services. HEART also publishes an e-newsletter and hosts several regional events including an annual college night, leadership conference, and homeschool expo.
Dave is a software developer by trade, and currently serves on the Bedford city council. Anne is a former representative for Texas and Louisiana of the popular unit study curriculum, KONOS,
Dave and Anne Gebhart have been active leaders in the home school community since they began home-schooling the oldest of their six children in 1996. With their youngest child in 1st grade, they look forward to many fun years of homeschooling still ahead.